(by Mario Galati) The reopening of schools next September is one of the hot topics of this period in which the final exams are taking place in covid mode. But it is also a period that brings to mind another dramatic lockdown: the second world war with schools closed and the population under the constant threat of bombing sheltered under the shelters. After the liberation of Colleferro by the allied forces on 2 June 1944, even then the need for the reopening of schools was strongly re-proposed as an essential point for the restart of the city hitherto occupied by German troops. But it was not an easy thing with the school building, the elementary school Gerardo Parodi Delfino still occupied by allied troops. A complicated situation that the then provisional mayor Pio Peraccini, just appointed in the post, describes in a letter of reply to the Royal Didactic Directorate and to the ACC (Allied Comand) governor of the IV region based in Velletri on 25 August 1944. The letter refers to a request for information on the condition of the school advanced by the Royal Didactic Direction.
Peraccini begins by specifying that it had been addressed to his predecessor Serafino Pagnoni as extraordinary commissioner of the Municipality of Colleferro and therefore prior to his appointment as provisional mayor by the ACC on 14 August.